Wednesday, May 31, 2017

I’m Back!!

Well after this almost 4 month hiatus, I’ve decided that my life and schedule has finally decided to calm down and I can get back to this blogging fun.

 

Since the last time that I really did a post, I changed jobs and my wife finally graduated with her degree from York College of Pennsylvania.  She now has her Bachelors of Science degree in Accounting (YAY Numbers!!), and currently has a job with York Sheet Metal, which is a subsidiary of The APX Company.  She might not have gotten a job as an accountant as of yet, but she is involved in changing things as a Pricing agent, figuring out the prices of all of the different styles they can process sheet metal.

 

But also with my wife completing her degree, nothing would be completely a mess without me changing my job as well.  I decided back in March to leave my job with Wellspan Health in York, PA and got a job as a Medical Technologist is the Special Chemistry Department of Johns Hopkins Hospital down in Baltimore, MD.  So I finally made my way to a first shift job, which I’ve been trying to get for the past 8 years at Wellspan.  Then within my 90 day probation period at Johns Hopkins, I was just given a promotion to become one of the Lead Technologists within the Special Chemistry Department of the Laboratory.  So now we can live a complete life with 2 full-time incomes coming into the family, allowing us to go on more experiences as Geek and Family.

But let’s continue with how I left this blog with a glance at what is coming out in the entertainment world:

Conventions and some guests for the June 2 weekend:

  • Hickory Con – Hickory, NC: June 3rd, 2017
  • Ohana Con – Madison, WI: June 2-4, 2017
    • Veronica Taylor (Pokémon); Eric Stuart (Pokémon); Victori Belle (Cosplay)
  • Niagara Falls Comic Con – Niagara Falls, Canada: June 2-4, 2017
    • Kevin Smith; Peter Mayhew (Star Wars); Robert Englund (A Nightmare on Elm Street); Barbara Eden (I Dream of Jeannie); Jason Mewes; Lee Meriwether (Batman); Tara Reid (American Pie); Christian Distefano (Paw Patrol)
  • Dokomi – Dusseldorf, Germany: June 3-4, 2017
  • Jersey Shore Comic Book Show – Smithville, NJ: June 4, 2017
  • Lake Effect Comic Book Convention – Mentor, OH: June 4,2017
  • Albany Comic Con – Albany, NY: June 4, 2017
  • Wichicon – Wichita, KS: June 3-4, 2017
  • Quad Cities Comic Convention – Davenport, IA: June 3-4, 2017
    • Carla Perez (Rita Repulsa); Robert Axelrod (Power Rangers)
  • Book Expo – Javits Center, New York City: May 31-June 2, 2017
    • Alan Alda (M*A*S*H); Denis Leary; James Patterson (Crazy House); Lemony Snicket (A Series of Unfortunate Events); Neil Patrick Harris; R.L Stine; Stephen King; Veronica Roth (The Divergent Series); Victoria Aveyard (The Red Queen Series)
  • Book Con – Javits Center, New York City: June 3-4, 2017
    • Bill Nye the Science Guy; Chelsea Clinton; Dan Brown (The Da Vinci Code); Danielle Paige (Dorothy Must Die Series); Dav Pilkey (Captain Underpants); Jeff Kinney (Diary of a Wimpy Kid); Kevin Hart; Mayim Bialik (Big Bang Theory)

Movies for the June 2 Weekend:

  • Wonder Woman: Starring Gal Gadot, Chris Pine, and Robin Wright
  • Captain Underpants: Starring Kevin Hart, Thomas Middleditch, and Ed Helms
  • Dean: Starring Demetri Martin, Kevin Kline, and Gillian Jacobs
  • 3 Idiotas: Starring Martha Higareda, Alfonso Dosal, and Christian Vazquez
  • Past Life: Starring Nelly Tagar, Joy Rieger, and Doron Tavory
  • Band Aid: Starring Zoe Lister-Jones, Adam Pally, and Fred Armisen
  • Vincent N Roxxy: Starring Emile Hirsch, Zoe Kravitz, and Zoey Deutch
  • Churchill: Starring Brian Cox, Miranda Richardson, and John Slattery



from WordPress http://ift.tt/2rkshEN
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment